Monday 19 August 2013

O is for oh dear....


Yes, it's true, it has been an abysmally long time since I last posted about the delights of online shopping.  Fear not, my love affair with online shopping has continued with gusto, it's just the recommendations of said lust-worthy sites has rather fallen by the wayside...

So, to remedy this aberrant behaviour (and to get back into the habit of updating this blog), please find a few of my favourite sites below (in no particular order or category).

www.beautybay.com

Based in Manchester, England, this fabulous site stocks a wide array of wonderful beauty products and affiliated bits and bobs, and has free world-wide shipping.  Sadly, some items cannot be sent to Australia (such as Opi nail polish, due to some kind of caveat from said manufacturer), but, even with the falling dollar, prices are still better than here (which, admittedly, isn't all that hard!).

www.bathandunwind.com

Another UK-based site, I stumbled across this when I was looking for, well, to be honest, I can't remember, but needless to say I found what I was looking for and then some.  I absolutely love this site for so many reasons and, in no particular order, here they are:

  • free international postage
  • loyalty scheme, where you get credits towards future purchases
  • wide range of fabulous products (such as Moroccan Oil, amongst other things)
I think the best thing about both of these sites is that they stock entirely different items, so I get shopping satisfaction at both, knowing that what I'm buying from one isn't generally available at the other.  Likewise, postal delivery between here and the UK is pretty good, so you usually get your goodies within a week or so.  Huzzah!  

In keeping with my UK theme of the night, who can resist a blitz at M & S?  I certainly can't! (particularly as I've discovered that their sheets fit my bed).

www.marksandspencer.com

Again, even with the depressing downward spiral of the dollar, things are still reasonably priced, as is postage (last time I checked, delivery to Australia was free, though that may well have changed).  So, if you fancy some department-store shopping that's quite affordable, check it out.  

Another rather delectable Brit site is Anorak, which features quirky kissing animal prints on a range of products (such as bedding, toilet bags, picnic-ware, to name but a few).

www.anorakonline.co.uk

Postage can be rather prohibitive as it is, naturally, dependent upon the amount you purchase (as it comes by courier, so, on the upside, it arrives in record time!), however, their stuff is gorgeous and, in my opinion, worth it.  I recommend signing up to their newsletter and/or liking them on stalkbook, and then waiting for the next sale - I splurged when they had 30% off and got some wonderful sheets, towels, tins and a toilet bag (there may well have been more, but that's what springs to mind).








No comments:

Post a Comment