Sunday 13 November 2011

r is for radley london

Well, I am appalled by how long it's been since I last posted and, truth be told, there's really no exciting reason for this other than lack of motivation.  Regardless, here I am once again, with some more fabulous shopping sites for your pleasure and delectation.

While living in London all those years ago, I was introduced to the gorgeousness that is Radley (now rebranded as Radley London, for reasons unknown to me).  Their mascot is a divine little Scottie dog, and their handbags, purses and accessories are simply scrumptious.  In fact, my count of Radley handbags is currently at...well, perhaps it's best not to divulge the exact number; suffice to say, it's more than one and less than ten (I think)! 

www.radley.co.uk

They've recently expanded their range to include watches, sunglasses and shoes, and continue to produce seasonal collections and themed bags and purses, as well as luggage, key rings and umbrellas (as well as other bits and bobs).  As I'm a little rusty at the whole blogging thing, I'm probably not really doing it the justice it deserves, so click on the above link and peruse the pleasures for yourself! 

One of the most wonderful things about Radley is that they now deliver to Australia, so there's really no excuse not to indulge in a shiny new bag.  If you subscribe to their newsletter, you are advised of any promotional events (such as the 20% off that I recently took advantage of; I'm now waiting for my gorgeous new bracelet watch and another new brolly) and any new collections/items.

The only real downsides that I've experienced with my latest purchase is that one of the items I ordered was, in fact, permanently out of stock (presumably gremlins in the system) and that it's taken about a week for them to actually get my order together to dispatch (opposed to the one- to two-business days advised on their site).  The fact that they don't remove the VAT (as is done by www.amazon.co.uk) is also a bit disappointing.  That said, as long as it doesn't get held up by overly enthusiastic bodies at Australian Customs (as has happened with a previous order, when they were convinced another umbrella had a wooden handle when, in fact, it was plastic, and took multiple calls for me to resolve), I hope to have these pretties by the end of this coming week or the start of the next.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment